From: 'Harry Bell' via VIPhone [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 1:07 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Siri claims I have no voicemail messages and refuses to dial!

Im in the uk and it may be different here. I have an iphone XS with a BT SIM
and an iphone 7 with Giffgaff. I can access voicemails on both iphones eitger
from the Voicemail tab in the Phone app or by manually dialing the carrier’s
voicemail number. But siri says she cannot dial the numbrrs and if asked to
call voicemail, she claims i have no voivemail messages. The workaround on my
iogone 7 is to create a new Contact called Giffgaff with the phone number as
443 (Giffgaff’s voicemail) - and now i can ask siri to call Giffgaff and she
puts me tgrough to Giffgaff voicemail. This does not work woth the BT number as
siri tells me she cannot dial that number (1571). This seems to be a siri
problem - after all, my voicemail itself works fine.
Harry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/0E10F22D-14B0-4A75-9E2D-46BA7DE88496%40icloud.com.