  From: Duane Steele
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 12:47 PM
  Subject: Re: country music dvds on PBS

  I think I responded to this thread some time last week.  I had thought it
would be a good series.  So I'd bought the season pass on iTunes.  But then,
following a suggestion made on this list, I downloaded the PBS APP and the
first four episodes were available with audio description even without the PBS
Passport for supporting the local station.  The reason the audio was described
is because my local station is WGBH in Boston which wouldn't dare not describe
because of the large blimd community here.  Bottom line: audio description is
in the control of your local PBS channel.  That’s really sad.  But I think it’s
true.

  Peace & Blessings,
  Duane L. Steele
  Phone (276) 730-5194