Hmmm, I'm not at all sure this works.

I changed my region format back to U.S. English and got Samantha immediately. I
went into voice control and changed the first one which says "siri" in the
heading; I still have Samantha both for siri and other functions. The only
other choice under voice control is voice dial only and i know I don't want
that. Changing under language itself is actually not an option because
Australian English isn't under language but it is under region format. So I
don't think the voice control setting gives you the hq voice for that language
unless there is something I am missing here. Until I get more information about
this, I'm going back to having this set in region format before Samantha
manages to come back in all her hq non-glory!

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart