Your iPhone touch screen will respond to anything with the electrical capacitance of your finger, such as another part of your body, a stylus or glove designed to work with your touch screen, and more. I've set my smart watch off when I brush it against the leaves of the plants I'm watering. This article describes how touch screen works and points out you could use a banana to interact with your smart phone. https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2017-08-17/how-touch-screen-phones-work/8790326