Hi Duane,

See if these notes help, because there are 2 places for making this setting
change:

**This is where the setting is for when the phone switches to the speaker
phone when you move the phone away from your ear, & it switches to speaker
phone.

Settings / General / Accessibility / Voice Over / Audio

If you want the phone to switch to the speaker phone when you take the phone
away from your ear, have this setting turned on.

**To change the auto speakerphone settings do the following:

 Open Settings / General / Accessibility, & swipe to  the, Interaction
Heading, & the option to change the auto speaker phone settings are found
here,
Call Audio Routing, and double tap on it to open / change options, then exit
out of settings as usual.

**From: Vollbrecht Family via iDevices
If I understand what you are referring to, automatic switching between
speakerphone and the earpiece, this is based on the proximity sensor. It is
designed
so that you can pull the phone away from your ear and automatically switch
to speaker, but I have always found it to be a bit overly sensitive. In iOS
10, under settings, general, accessibility, voiceover, and audio, you can
disable this feature.
Vollbrecht Family

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the