Ah, thanks for the responses. I had no idea what a focused inbox was.
Honestly, I, too, would prefer seeing all my e-mails, and generally
enjoy the native app.

My issue with the native app is that for my personal e-mail address,
where I'm subscribed to a bunch of mailing lists, I'm ok with my
messages being threaded, whereas with my work inbox, I actually prefer
them not to be. As far as I know, this level of customization is not
yet available.

Shermeen