There is a way to filter messages between those from contacts and
those which are spam. I have this turned on, and in theory, it should
send those dreaded spam messages into a separate list. I thought there
was a way to mark a message as spam, and have it then go into that
spam messages list, but I don't recall how to do so. There should also
be a spam forwarding address from your carrier which you can forward
those spam messages to. I get those group spams as well, and the best
solution for now is to block the original sender of the message. If
you want to invest a bit more time, you can get the AT&T Call Protect
app and report messages as spam, presuming you are on AT&T. Other
carriers probably have ways you can report spam texts to them.

Good luck,
Wayne

--
Connect with me on GoodReads: