From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Alan Lemly
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2020 10:31 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Question About Transferring From One iPhone Carrier to Another

Shirley,

I'd strongly suggest you talk to someone at Verizon at 888-294-6804 to see if
you're getting the best plan at the best price before switching to another
carrier. I have no idea what you've been getting for $245 a month but I'm
assuming that doesn't include any phone purchase obligations or I expect you'd
be unable to switch carriers. I was recently paying $51 a month after tax and
fees for a postpaid plan with 1GB of data with Verizon. I did not have autopay
set up for that plan. When I asked about a Verizon prepaid plan a week ago this
past Saturday, I was told they currently had a promotion to double your data
for a new account. I had to go in and set up a new Verizon online account with
a different user ID but you'll have to do that anyway if you change carriers. I
ended up with a 6GB of data prepaid plan for $43 a month after tax and I also
selected autopay to charge my monthly amount to my credit card which saves me
an extra $5 a month. I'd see if you can get a better deal before changing
carriers.

Alan Lemly