Hi all. I've done the extensive Google search, forum reading, and Apple Support web site reading and I'm still stumped. Here goes.

I have an iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1. My wife this weekend purchased an iPhone 4S iOS 6.0. We use one desktop computer with Windows 7 on it. I have a user account and she has a user account. When I am in my own user account I can connect my iPhone and her iPhone to the computer, open iTunes and sync. Although I haven't done the syncing with her phone, I know it works because the phone is seen just fine and I can make changes to it, ETC. Now read on for the weirdness.

If I go into her Windows account, open iTunes and connect her phone in, it takes a very long time for iTunes to recognize the phone. When it does eventually, I get an error that the sync services from the provider or the server were unable to load and to try again later. I disconnect her phone and sometimes even have to kill all the iTunes processes. I do the same on her account with my iPhone and get the same results. Now, because I know that I can sync my phone on my account, and her phone is seen by iTunes in my account, and because I know that under her account, none of the 2 phones is seen and we get the sync services error, this tells me it's something specific with her account which is preventing iTunes from doing what it needs to do.

As far as Windows is concerned, the phones are seen just fine because we get the option to open the folder and see the pictures in them just like with all iPhones. This is in her account as well as mine. As I mentioned before, I've read all the forums I can think of, reinstalled iTunes, and even removed her account completely, and recreated it and even made it an admin account and still, the same error happens.

So, that's why I'm writing here. I would like to see if anyone's come across this and what, if any solution was found. Since she has her own Apple ID and I have my own, I didn't want to start using my account to sync her phone onto, but I will find a way to do that if I have to at least for the backups. Plus, she wants to put music on her phone, and I don't blame her. It's not my fault she doesn't appreciate Songza, Pandora, and AudioGalaxy <grin>.

When we are in her account and connect her phone, visually it shows the phone in devices, but the progress bar is moving constantly, showing it's doing what it needs to do to see the phone. Using Window-Eyes I cannot gain focus to her phone in the devices because it's not yet available. This is how I can tell that iTunes does see her phone, but some driver, or service isn't doing what it needs to in order for the phone to be accessible from the devices tab.

So, I'm fresh out of ideas. I even suggested to her to just install iTunes on her netbook and let's try it from there, but we wanted to not do that since iTunes will run painfully slow on her netbook, and besides that, my 500 thousand or more songs are on the main computer, not her netbook, and as I mentioned before, she wants music from there.

Ideas, thoughts? I'm up to trying something new. I haven't yet called Apple because I know they will ask me to try these things first anyway, and I didn't want to waste their time.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
I accidentally locked my coat hanger in my car today. Luckily for me- I had my keys.
Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
Facebook: http://facebook.com/rau47

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google 
Group.
To search the VIPhone public archive, visit 
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.


Reply via email to