From: Alan Lemly
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2020 5:17 PM
Subject: RE: the poop from Apple about the new SE sim card

Mike,

I think whether an SE 2020 can be ordered with a carrier SIM card from the
Apple Store might be a function of the type of plan you have with your
carrier. I have ordered from the Apple Store in the past while I had a
Verizon postpaid plan and received my new iPhone with a Verizon SIM card
already installed. However, I switched to a Verizon prepaid plan in late
February and when I tried ordering my SE 2020 last Saturday using the Apple
Store app, I received an error message when I attempted to complete the
order when the app went to Verizon to verify my account info. I was unable
to complete the Apple Store order unless I selected no carrier as my choice
which included no SIM card. I'll simply move my Verizon SIM card from my
iPhone 8 to my SE 2020 after I get it set up and ready to make calls. As I
understand it, this will also avoid any new device activation charge from
Verizon which they tried to charge me when I went from my iPhone 7 to my
iPhone 8.

Alan Lemly