I really like my anker charger.  I can take my iPhone, charger, and a
bluetooth speaker into the livingroom and sit in our recliner and
enjoy listening to a bard book or other cotent.  I'm kind of enjoying
my OTR streamer app.

On 5/4/20, Malcolm Parfitt <malc...@parfitt1.org.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Your iPhone8 has some basic charging profiles.
>
> Firstly, the charger that came with your phone has an output of 5 Volts at 1
> Amp.  This gives you a total output of 5 Wats and is the slowest charging
> method.
>
> Some chargers and power packs are rated at 5 Volts and 2 Amps that is 10
> Wats.  This is obviously twice the power of Apple’s charger.
>
> Some chargers are rated at 5 Volts and 2.5 Amps giving you 12 Wats of
> power.
>
> The fastest charging method is to use what is known as a USB Power Delivery
> compatible charger.  This charges at 9 Volts at 2 Amps giving you 18 Wats of
> capacity.  There are also power packs that deliver this rate of charge too.
>
> All of the fast chargers 18 Wats have a USB C socket that will power your
> device and also charge the power pack too if that’s what you’re using.
>
> So to fast charge your iPhone you will need a charger with a 9 Volt and 2
> Amp rating or higher.  Your iPhone will control the power it draws so a
> higher rated charger will not harm it.
>
> So to achieve a fast charge you will need a USB C to Lightning cable too.
>
> The fast charge will charge your iPhone from flat to about 50% in half an
> hour.  This does not mean your iPhone will be fully charged in an hour
> though.  As the battery is charged to 50% it will gradually reduce the
> charging rate.  This is governed by the Battery Controller and has nothing
> to do with the charger.  At around 80% your phone will be on a trickle
> charge.
>
> Anker chargers, power packs and cables are generally well thought of.
>
> Hope this is of use to you.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 4 May 2020, at 06:24, Joshua Hendrickson <louv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've got a 3 port USB hub with a USB c port.  It came with a USB C to
>> lightning cable.  I will say they do recharge your iPhone very fast.
>> If I didn't use my iPhone while charging, I can get my iPhone charged
>> fully from 20% to full charge in between 1 and a half hours to 2
>> hours.  Again, the phone recharges very fast.
>>
>>> On 5/3/20, Alan Lemly <wale...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Shai,
>>>
>>> I'll need a few days before I can comment on the fast charger I just
>>> bought
>>> for my SE 2020 but it should work with your 8 Plus which also supports
>>> fast

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson