Hi, to use USBC charging do you need both a USBC charger and a USBC cord? Would
the SE2020 be set up to accept USBC charging?

Reggie Alvarado

On May 4, 2020, at 4:55 AM, Malcolm Parfitt <malc...@parfitt1.org.uk> wrote:

Hello,

Your iPhone8 has some basic charging profiles.

Firstly, the charger that came with your phone has an output of 5 Volts at 1
Amp.  This gives you a total output of 5 Wats and is the slowest charging
method.

Some chargers and power packs are rated at 5 Volts and 2 Amps that is 10 Wats.
This is obviously twice the power of Apple’s charger.

Some chargers are rated at 5 Volts and 2.5 Amps giving you 12 Wats of power.

The fastest charging method is to use what is known as a USB Power Delivery
compatible charger.  This charges at 9 Volts at 2 Amps giving you 18 Wats of
capacity.  There are also power packs that deliver this rate of charge too.

All of the fast chargers 18 Wats have a USB C socket that will power your
device and also charge the power pack too if that’s what you’re using.

So to fast charge your iPhone you will need a charger with a 9 Volt and 2 Amp
rating or higher.  Your iPhone will control the power it draws so a higher
rated charger will not harm it.

So to achieve a fast charge you will need a USB C to Lightning cable too.

The fast charge will charge your iPhone from flat to about 50% in half an hour.
 This does not mean your iPhone will be fully charged in an hour though.  As
the battery is charged to 50% it will gradually reduce the charging rate.  This
is governed by the Battery Controller and has nothing to do with the charger.
At around 80% your phone will be on a trickle charge.

Anker chargers, power packs and cables are generally well thought of.

Hope this is of use to you.

Sent from my iPhone

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/0D9F9C7C-F117-458C-A5AA-292AE596A8CD%40parfitt1.org.uk.