Hi Tracey,

        Thank you for posting the link.

        As the topic has been brought up.  What I’m hoping for is a NFC audio
tag recorder and reader.  Basically it could use the iPhone to do what the Pen
friend does without needing a extra device.

NFC is built into the phone and perfect for this application.  It is the tech
apple uses for Apple Pay in stores and developers have access to it.

It is what Wayaround uses only they do text only and also use proprietary tags
instead of mainstream tags.  They also seem to not be interested in adding
audio recording only text.

        I contacted Digit-eyes about this before COVID19 and I thought they
were considering using it but over two monthss have gone by and I have not
heard any updates.

I also wrote to Way around twice about 6 months apart asking if they would be
adding Audio recording.  I didn’t get a response.

NFC Near Field Communication, I believe has the best solution for audio and
text labeling on the iPhone.  Navilens has the potential to use the camera to
identify it’s tags at a distance.  This might be also useful but I think more
so for other applications.  Still, it works quickly and affordably
.

Eric Caron