Hi, Lisa, I usually hold mine down for about five seconds. I wait two minutes and expect the shrill beep, followed by VO reading the home screen. This is on an Ipod fourth gen. I don't restart it often; only when something very strange is happening. Mostly I clear stuff out of the App switcher and see if that helps.
HtH, Teresa On Oct 17, 2012, at 6:17 AM, Lisa Larges <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi All, > As a totally blind person, I feel a little mystified when I have to > completely turn off my phone and then turn it back on again. > I’m never quite sure how long to hold the power button, and then, how long to > wait before trying again. > I’d love it if someone could go through in detail about the start up process: > How long should I hold the power button? > Is it possible to hold the button too long? > What happens on screen during the power up phase? > How long between the time when the Apple Logo comes on and when I can expect > VoiceOver to come up? > I’m guessing there may be some variations from start up to start up, but if I > could have some good parameters, that would be really helpful. > Also, knowing what’s happening on screen (if anything) can be useful to know > for troubleshooting. > Anyone else’s tips would be great too. > Thanks > Lisa > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google > Group. > To search the VIPhone public archive, visit > http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/. > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]. > For more options, visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google Group. To search the VIPhone public archive, visit http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone?hl=en.
