I do not exactly know as I've never bought the apple airpods and do
not intend to.  This set of awesome anker earbuds that I found on
amazon this morning get up to 8 hours of playtime on a single charge,
have usb C charging, as well as wireless charging of the earbud case.
They are around $150, but they seem totally worth it to me.  I saw
many reviews on amazon saying how comfortable they were to wear and
how you get a lot of different ear tips to try out.  I think even with
small ears, they would work.  Anker, has awesome customer service.  I
called them a lot in the past couple days and they always answered my
questions and they were very good at explaining something if I didn't
understand.  You also get an 18 month warranty on any anker product
that you buy.  I do intend on getting them when I save up some money.
These earbuds even work with the soundcore app which has some very
cool EQ settings.

--
Joshua Hendrickson

Joshua Hendrickson