Thank you. I wanted to wait to hear from someone that has played around with the iPod 5th gen before spending the money on one. I didn't want to buy one only to find that the sound quality was as poor as it is on the iPod 4th gen. I want the 64GB and $399 is a lot to spend only to find it is no improvement.

-----Original Message----- From: ShamelessFanGirl
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:04 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: iPod Touch fifth generation sound quality.

Good evening everyone,

I visited an Apple store on Wednesday to have Apple care put onto my iPhone, and had the pleasure of playing with just this beast. The sound quality is in fact much improved, and while I don't think I'd call it on par with the iPhone, it definitely sounds 1000% better than earlier iPod Touch versions. I liked it so much that I'm considering purchasing one, however, like others, am holding out to see what the iPad mini has in store for us.

Physically, the new Touch is taller, and narrower than the 3rd and 4th generation devices, and it has traded the chrome backing for an aluminum look, which I like very much. It comes in a multitude of different colors too, which also appeals; I'm considering the blue. Like the iPhone5, it gives us access to the extra row of icons, and I'd assume the additional 4 apps per folder. Processor is much improved, and I love the allowance for a wrist strap located in the lower right corner on the back. In short, very nicely improved.

Sent from my iPhone