That sounds like an awful lot of work.

Andy

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Donna Casteen
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 3:25 PM
  Subject: Re: I O S 14.2 and Night Sky

  If people would take the time & do what has been suggested, rather gripe &
complain, the problem would have been solved days ago for you.

  Here goes once again....

  Go to settings, accessibility, voiceover, rotor & add screen recognition &
image description. Why do this? In case you should find yourself in a situation
in which these controls would be helpful. With these controls in the rotor,
they are easily accessible, literally right at your fingertips. Using the flick
gesture these controls can be toggled On/Off in the rotor. If you Do Not
foresee yourself using these controls, make sure to remove the controls from
the rotor, so that you don’t accidentally turn the controls on.  (For those
with older phones, in the rotor setting add images & describe images to the
rotor, by tapping on each item to select it. By turning the rotor to these
controls, a flick will toggle the controls on/off.)

  Now go to settings, accessibility, voiceover, voice recognition. Tap to open
image description. Here you can turn off image description, change how
sensitive content is displayed & in which apps, if any, you want to use image
description. Go back to voice recognition. Tap on screen recognition. Here you
can turn off screen recognition, choose which apps, if any, you want to use
screen recognition. (I have all apps unselected) Go back to voice recognition &
tap to toggle text recognition on/off. When Off text in pictures will Not be
recognized.

images & text are presented to you; by speak, sound or none.

  This should solve the “night sky” spoken problem.

  Donna

  will

  Well,  by god, Dianne, that is a way to fix it! Now, there just has to be a
way to turn off image description globally in the way that swiping up turns it
off. It is off in settings already, but that swiping up when it is in the rotor
does something else. I will write to Apple Accessibility later today and tell
them what you figured out. Maybe they will then know how to get turning it off
in settings will really turn it off. Thank you very much.
    Arnold Schmidt

    Sent from  Arnold's  iPhone S E 20