David,

I have enough troubleshooting experience to have done the below as you
describe.  And, VO still ends up on the time.  I am not being highly
critical of Apple nor the phone, just stating an observation that I have
duplicated many times as have several others I know who are equally
careful.  This has been true both in 5.1.1 and 6.0 with my 4S.

Regards,
-Len