Wow! I wonder if there was an earlier option. Only thing to do here is
create a six digit passcode and then after setup, go into settings and
change it to something more suitable later. I can't imagine they'd remove
the option to customize your passcode from the passcode and id settings.
Unfortunately, no brilliant ideas occur to me.