Hi Kate,

I’ll let you decide what type of phone to use for your grandmother. But here
are the step to turn on “Hey Siri.”

1.       Click on the settings app.

2.       Go to Siri and Search and click on this.

3.       Click on “Listen to hey Siri” to turn this on.

4.       Close settings and you are done.

Now just say “Hey Siri what time is it?” and Siri should answer.

If you want to turn Voice Over on just say Hey Siri turn on Voice Over. If you
want to turn Voice Over off just say Hey Siri turn off Voice Over.

When you have voice Over on you can swipe with one finger to the right to make
the focus go to the right and if you want to go left just flick with one finger
to make the focus go left. You can also just touch or move your finger around
the screen and voice Over will announce what you are on. So say you are on the
settings app and VO says Settings and if you want to open settings you do a one
finger double tap anywhere on the screen after you hear settings to open the
settings app.

Let us know any other questions you may have.

Mr. Ed