I agree that Apple Care+ is expensive for an iPhone 12 Pro Max 120Gb about
£199.00 unfortunately apart from the USA and Japan apparently no cover for loss
or theft is offered.

I’ve looked at a range of companies with a wide range of prices and excesses.

Many state that you should take reasonable care of your device which is
understandable and some suggest not letting it unattended and out of sight.  I
wonder how if at all being blind would affect you making a claim or the
coverage offered us?

Then there’s the quality of any repair, what effect would that have on the
resale value of a device if not undertaken by Apple.

Obviously an iPhone is expensive to replace so protection may be an attractive
proposition.

The house and insurance policy are in my mother’s name as I returned here after
my divorce.

Malcolm Parfitt