You still need to follow the same procedure when obtaining free apps and
other digital offerings in the Apple ecosystem. It doesn't matter whether
there's a price or not. You won't be charged any money for free apps
though. This keeps things consistent and also helps make certain people
don't download a bunch of unwanted apps onto somebody's device.