I just noticed something new under Verbosity punctuation.
Something called Punctuation groups.  I was looking to see if they had added a 
more option instead of just All, Some, or None and found this new setting.
I'm not sure what it would do for you, but yes, all punctuation means all.
But, there is also a bug that I hope others will report to Apple.
While editing text, each time you delete a letter, VoiceOver says "comma d" or 
"comma s" it says the word "comma" when no comma was written.  Very annoying.  
Perhaps it is also reading spaces as commas?  I have no use for hearing 
punctuation as I write with braille since I have the display to feel; but if 
using the Orbit Writer, that could be useful.

Contacting Apple would be my next step.




Richard
"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." - 
Jane Wagner

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com


-----Original Message-----
From: 'Harry Bell' via VIPhone <[email protected]> 
Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021 1:09 AM
To: Abridged Recipients <[email protected]>
Subject: VoiceOver verbosity settings - punctuation

How can I get VoiceOver to announce a comma, full stop, exclamation or question 
mark while typing with my Orbit Writer Braille keyboard? If I set verbosity 
punctuation to "some", none of them are voiced. If I set verbosity to "all", 
VoiceOver announces commas all over the place when navigating e.g. when focus 
in my list of emails falls on one from Apple TV, VoiceOver says  "unread comma 
Apple TV comma"
Harry

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mail-archive.com%2Fviphone%40googlegroups.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C1aa4be495e984332382308d9857be647%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637687589449428297%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=FkSVHt3oUJYNSfDJRZkcaBAg1J90aWw7MM3E0xYML2w%3D&amp;reserved=0
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgroups.google.com%2Fd%2Fmsgid%2Fviphone%2F6D3459C0-9C61-47DC-A8D9-ADFC21E62973%2540icloud.com&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C1aa4be495e984332382308d9857be647%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637687589449428297%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=pglBzgnn1XJG49f%2BQWWFnPBQYoSRgQtPRRuCqtlpslk%3D&amp;reserved=0.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone list.

If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you 
feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or 
moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor.  Mark can be reached at:  
[email protected].  Your list owner is Cara Quinn - you can reach Cara at 
[email protected]

The archives for this list can be searched at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/MW4PR17MB4513E7A27A3BF41F0F52A662B7AC9%40MW4PR17MB4513.namprd17.prod.outlook.com.

Reply via email to