I went from a XR to my 13 and have very much enjoyed the new phone. One of
the first things I notieced was how much easier it was to use Face ID as
well as the camera. The speed and battery improvements were also quite
apparent. I got the 512 gb version and love the additional storage space.
Since I didn't get a Pro, I don have any experience with lidar. Also, the
whole 5G thing hasn't rolled out here just yet. However, it's nice to be
ready for that big change when it happens. I hope you and your wife enjoy
those new phones.

--
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power; The iOS Edition