Apple Accessibility gave me that answer as well and I believe that when you
said something about an iPod it was actually referring to a HomePod. Anyway if
you were to email accessibility, they'll say the same steps of troubleshooting.
Is your home network a VPN? I know that in response to my email, that is what
was asked and since I don't know and I don't have access of resetting the
router like my sighted father does, and he is not tech savvy to know about
whether it's a VPN, that's beyond him. LOL! So I keep resetting my network
settings on my phone rather than explaining it all to dad because it is all
Greek to him.

Sent from my iPhone