From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Grant Hardy
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 5:51 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Problem with new iPhone 5

Hi all,

Aww man, I wonder if there are some quality control problems with a
couple batches of iPhone 5s?

I know I'm being a bit picky, but I got a replacement 5 in the mail
because the phone rattled when I shook it. This brand new unit doesn't
rattle, but there's another problem. The vibration motor is rather
weak and doesn't deliver the same smooth, consistent performance as
the previous 5 did. When the phone vibrates it sounds as though other
components in the phone are jiggling around; for example, holding my
hand on the silent switch makes the vibration sound a bit better. I'm
not doing a very good job of describing the symptoms, but you'd know
what I'm talking about if you could hear it.

I wonder if there's anything that a genius  could do besides replacing
the phone? As this phone doesn't rattle I'd like to keep this one, if
the vibration problems can be ironed out. What do you guys think?

Grant