Absolutely, you can have your music library in Dropbox and there are a whole
bunch of apps out there which are made to play your Dropbox music library;
maybe Applevis has reviews on the best ones, but many are free or at least free
to try so you would have to see what works.
If you have something like a Synology NAS (Network attached storage device) you
can even have all your music on your own hard drive and use the Synology DS
Audio app to stream or download it to your phone. Synology makes smaller
devices for home use which cost a couple of hundred Dollars all the way up to
large enterprise level diskstations with dozens of drives costing many
thousands.
Warning, I have a Synology NAS primarily for my business and use the "Drive"
app which gives me access to my files and it is very accessible, but I can't
speak to the accessibility of DS Audio (DS stands for Diskstation" which is
what Synology calls their NAS products. Other NAS devices have similar
functionality and apps, e.g. Western Digital has I believe even a single
network connected hard drive.
Keep in mind that this may not be for everybody because setting up a NAS will
require a bit of work and above average knowledge and while the Synology DSM
(diskstatation manager) is a web-based interface which is reasonably
accessible, it's not what I would call fully intuitive and you need good
knowledge of Jaws or NVDA to use it. But if you do set it up, Synology makes
similar apps for having access to your regular files, videos, photos and you
can even set up a surveillance station with cameras and more. For files DS File
gives you access to browse your files, the "Drive" app is more like Dropbox
which actually offers 2-way sync and apart from using it on my iPhone, I have
the Drive app installed on my laptop at home and it gives me full access to all
my files on my diskstation at my business. I f I open a file like for example
an Excel spreadsheet, it downloads it to my laptop and any changes I make are
synced back to the version on my NAS which essentially is my own cloud.
Here is the description of DS Audio from the app store:

**You must own a Synology NAS to run this app, and be running the Audio Station
6.5.0 package to get the complete set of features**
DS audio allows you to stream music stored on your DiskStation with an
iPhone/iPad wherever an Internet connection is available. Better yet, with the
offline mode you can listen to songs stored in the device’s local memory for
when no network connection is available. You can browse music by albums,
artists, folders or genres, create your own playlists or share them with your
friends, and even rate your music! And if you have dedicated stereo speakers at
home,
DS audio can also become a remote control to stream music to them.
Find all detailed features about the app on our website:
www.synology.com > NAS > DSM 7.1 > Apps > Mobile Apps > Software Specs

Here is one review:
I have a Synology NAS ds3018xs on which I installed Audio Station, a Synology
product. I have 600 GB of music on it, all FLAC, ALAC, MP3s. I’ve used DS Audio
for months to access the music and sometimes use DS File to maintain the
library.
DS Audio has worked without a hitch. Love it. I run it on my phone out and
about and am able to stream CD quality lossless to a B1 Audioengine BT device
which can pass lossless through its optical out to my Bifrost DAC at home.
>From the NAS I can also play directly out the USB 3.0 port on the back of the
>NAS directly to my Bifrost DAC. I also have roon, plex, Tidal, and others. DS
>Audio is straight forward and simple and my preferred way to play music.
It took me a bit to learn the app and a bit to get the NAS up just the way I
wanted it. I don’t have any faults to report. There is a good user community,
accurate documentation, and years of usage if you get stuck.