The Nest or Google Home apps are not fully accessible when it comes to scheduling or auto scheduling. That’s why I always make changes using the Be My Eyes app, which you can also do if you have a separate device. If you don’t, it might be worth looking into another sided assistance service like Aira.
Sent from my iPhone