Hi Jenny,
Sorry, I was waiting until I got to my laptop for a better reply.
So, what I meant re Be my Eyes is that Google is one of the support service
providers that you can call through Be My Eyes. When you do that, and there is
an accessibility issue, they file a bug and keep you updated on its status,
which means that the issue might actually get fixed.
I turned off auto schedule myself. Here is how:
https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9209007?hl=en
HTH!