From: "David Chittenden" <dchitten...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2012 1:20 AM
Subject: Re: Locked Screen Too Short

Yes, the lock screen timeout is quicker. No, there is no setting to change
this. Sighted people quickly glance at their iPhone to see if the message is
urgent. If so, they unlock the phone and deal with the message. Otherwise,
they deal with it later. We must do the same. You can always send a message
to accessibil...@apple.com and request they extend the lock screen timeout
to what it was before. It is a good idea to briefly explain why. After all,
Apple may well have reduced the time because of comments from sighted people
who felt the screen remained active for too much time during the lock screen
display.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288