Actually, according to the user guide, it appears to me that the default layout
will be just like a Perkins brailler. You hold the phone in landscape mode with
the screen away from you. Then your left index finger will be dot 1, left
middle dot 2, and the finger next to your pinky will be dot 3. The right hand
would be the same: dot 4 is your right index finger; dot 5 is your right middle
finger; dot 6 is the finger next to your right pinky. This would be exactly
like a Perkins braille writer. Flipping dots 1 and 3 and flipping dots 4 and 6,
if I'm picturing this crrectly, would put dots 1 and 4 under your fingers next
to your pinkys. So in the flipped setting, a c would be at the two far ends of
your two-hand position while in the normal default setting the letter c would
be the two center points of your two-hand position. The default setting should
be immediately comfortable for those of us who use a Perkins brailler; if I am
picturing this correctly, I would find the flipped keyboard confusing but I
imagine that depends on what you use for writing.
--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart