Hi Rahul,

It sounds like iTunes has the mini player turned on. Press Command-Option-M,
and if that's the problem, iTunes should look normal again. If the Source list
isn't on screen, you may want to put it there by pressing Command-Option-S.
Then see if you can find your iPhone in the list.

How much data you can get back depends on how recently you set up a backup. If
you restore your phone, your settings will first be restored, and you'll then
be prompted to finish setting up the phone. As part of this process, you'll be
asked whether you want to set the phone up as new, restore from an iTunes
backup, or restore from an iCloud backup. Choose whichever type of backup is
the most recent. Then all your data in your backup will be copied back to the
phone.

Best,
Anna