I have my iPhone in a case which is slightly grippy. I usually wear shirts with
collars. My shirts are usually tucked into my trousers. With all the above
being the case, I place my iPhone face-up on my shoulder under my shirt with
the collar against the lower part of the phone. Of course, I have already set
up the navigation app (usually Apple Maps nowadays). The iPhone is slightly
tilted against my neck and the speaker is directed toward my ear. As I use a
guide dog, my arm and shoulder are quite stable. Besides, if the phone slides
off my shoulder it drops between my shirt and my back, and is stopped by my
trousers.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288