From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Ron Pelletier
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2013 1:28 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Prizmo with StandScan Pro

Hi Fanus,

I have been to South Africa but I can't remember which adaptor I used.  Of
course, you will need a converter as well as the adaptor because, in North
America we use 110-120 volts at 60 cycles and South Africa is 220 volts at,
I believe, 50 cycles.  Before leaving here, I purchased a 220 to 110 volt
converter and it came with 4 or 5 adaptors.  One of them definitely fits.  I
believe its 3 prong.  I think 2 round and a flat but I'm not absolutely
sure.  A set of adaptors is very inexpensive and available anywhere.  My
adaptors were, from European 2 round prongs to everything else.  If you need
a converter only for basic appliances, you don't need to purchase the
converter for electronics such as a computer.  A simple converter for
something like a shaver will work and is not very expensive at all.

HTH

Ron & Danvers