Hello Lisa and all:

Congratulations on taking your first video. I am sure you are thrilled :).
nothing like a sense of accomplishment.

As has already been pointed out, landscape provides a wider viewpoint. However,
portrait may produce better results indoors or when you have a large amount of
light.

If you can separate yourself from $0.00 you might want to pick up the light
detector app. then you can play around with your camera in relation to the
light you have in which to take pictures and video. Here is the link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/light-detector/id420929143?mt=8

Much good luck to you and please let us know if this information proves useful
to you.

Take good care and I wish you enough.

Patrick