Hi Rob,

What exactly is it that should be integrated as a fundamental feature and
what target market do you mean?

The Standscan is not an iPhone specific accessory, it is made to work with
all sorts of cell phones and therefore it isn't really possible to have some
sort of ledge on it which is designed to line up an iPhone.

The Standscan was also not designed as a product for the blind, in fact, the
people who designed it and are producing it didn't even think that this
would be a useful accessory for a blind iPhone user.

Lastly, keep in mind that you are not paying $30 for a cartbord box only,
the Standscan Pro does have the LED Lights and the magnets and while none of
these things are very expensive, there is a design process and a
manufacturing process and the people who came up with the idea have to
recover their initial investment in time and all that. There are many other
examples of very simple products made from very inexpensive materials which
cost that much or more. Corex or Coroplast as it is also known is primarily
used for short-term signage and for packing material. I am not sure if it
could be folded in a way to maintain the portability of the Standscan as it
is now although I am no expert on this. However, I do have some signs for my
business made from this and while it is light, it's not as light and readily
foldable as laminated cartboard.

Best regards,
Sieghard