From: "Lauren Simmons" <simmonslaure...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: one thing I wish apple would change

I've never had any problems with the rotor. I do have to say I really
like the suggestion someone posted regarding swiping in opposite
directions with two fingers at top and bottom of device as one can
move very quickly through the rotor in this way, but I have also found
and equally easy method using one hand.
As iDevice is sitting on my desk, I place my right thumb at the center
of the left edge of my iPod. I then simultaneously place my right
index finger at the top left hand corner and turn my index finger to
the right to form a semi-circle. It feels like I'm mimicking the
motion of the arms of a clock moving to the right. If I miss
something, I simply move my index finger in a counter clockwise manner
and find I can quickly find what I just passed up. With just a few
trials one can master this technique. This is especially useful if one
has a cover for their iPhone or iPod touch as one can even trace along
the edges of the cover as they move their right finger in a clockwise
fashion.

LS