I didn't know it could read actual hand writing? that's cool.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Maria & Joe Chapman
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:52 PM
  Subject: talking goggles

  HI.  I had talking goggles in vidio mode.  We were sitting in our car and if
I pointed it at the windows it was reading the signs across the road.  Not sure
but in conjunction with a good gps app this might be helpful if we need to read
a sign.  I at least knew the news agency was across the road etc.  My husband
who is sighted had some success with getting it to read the controls on the
car.  I got it to read the tube of sunscreen for dogs and found out it's also
good for horses, goats and sheep.  I also got it to read a bit of an
appointment card,.  It read enough to tell me it was an appointment card.  Now
the ability to copy the text it reads in some situations would be really
helpful I think.

  Oh I also got it to read my username and password someone had written for me
on a piece of paper for internet access at my college.

  I think with some work this could be a great app.

  Still no luck with still shots or with shots in the camera role. Though I
wonder what would happen if I nsnapped a pic of something with text on it?

  Maria Chapman
  bubbygirl1...@gmail.com

  "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." -
Mahatma Gandhi