Nope think I will just use the apple store, will a verizon store be able to replace them too? Again mine isn't needing replacement just started this topic for my own refference. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ben Mustill-Rose" <b...@benmr.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: replacing the IPhone's battery?

Hi all,

I feel like I should jump in here and make a strong recommendation
that whilst ifixit guides and Youtube videos correctly describe the 4S
battery replacement process as being easy, you should really spend
some time thinking if it's worth the small amount of money you'll save
by attempting the repair yourself instead of getting a shop (Who will
have processed hundreds of iPhones) to do the replacement instead.

My iPhone fixing experience started in 2011. I'd spent the previous
4.5 years building computers and around 2.5 years doing fairly low
level laptop work such as motherboard replacements, so I wasn't a
complete stranger to a screw driver. That iPhone never turned on
again. Admitidly it was a screen replacement on a 3G which is much
harder than a battery replacement on a 4S, but working on small
electronic devices is especially hard for blind people because of how
touchy feely we have to get.
Considder attempting to hold a screw driver in one hand, but with that
hand also trying to feel your away around a very cluttered PCB looking
for a very small screw and once you've found it, attempting to move
the screw driver into place, still with the one hand. The reason why
we're not using 2 hands is because there simply isn't enough give on
some of the ribbons in these devices to allow room for feeling with
multiple hands - in some situations even feeling with your little
finger is not possible. Breaking a connector off a logic board by
inadvertantly knocking a ribbon is a real concern on devices like
this; once that happens, your cheap £4.99 replace your 4S battery kit
on eBay type repair has just turned into a £100/150 replace your logic
board fix which is going to be a tad more complicated than a battery
replacement. Anyone who thinks I'm exadurating should attempt to
rebuild a laptop then if you sucseed (Which you won't do if its your
first time), give the iPhone a go.

Its also worth remembering that a lot of the people who write guides
or make videos for this sort of thing have a vested interest in making
it look easy, because they're trying to sell you the parts you'll need
to perform the repair. You'll never see the raw, unedited video in
these cases and even if you did, the people at ifixit for example
tairdown electronics all the time, so they'll be much more successful
than the average member of public.

Ultimately, it really depends on how much you have to loos. If you
have a dead phone that you're not planning to fix then by all means,
take it apart - its a very fun hobbie and you can make semi decent
money if you're good with hardware. If you're thinking of working on
your main phone however, you have more guts / less sense than I do and
I wish you good luck.

Cheers,
Ben.