Hi Ramy,

Sieghard has already answered your first question about how you can
check the speed of your internet  connection by using the free
Speedtest.net app from Ookla:
• Speedtest.net Mobile Speed Test (free) by Ookla
https://itunes.apple.com/app/speedtest.net-mobile-speed/id300704847?mt=8

The best app I've found for doing a network scan for devices that are
on the same network as your iPhone (or iPod Touch or iPad) is iNet Pro
by BananaGlue GmbH:
• iNet Pro - Network scanner ($6.99) by BananaGlue GmbH
https://itunes.apple.com/app/inet-pro-network-scanner/id305242949?mt=8
I've had this app for 3 years, and it's very accessible, as well as
consistently being rated among the top apps in this category.  There
is an unlabeled button that takes you to the "About" screen.  (I don't
know why so many apps that have all the other buttons labeled have one
"Info" button that is not labeled, but this is fairly common).  This
page has the information about the version number, and buttons to let
you email the developers or visit their web site, but it also has an
"About view help button large" button that lets you access complete
help information about the app.  Apart from this, in general just
double tap on "Network Scanner", which is the first entry on the main
iNet screen, to go to the "Network Scanner" screen. By default, this
displays the results of your last scan. You can simply run a new scan
by double tapping the "rescan button" in the bottom right corner of
the screen.  You'll get a list of the devices found in a scan of your
current network.  It will identify the devices by model for both Apple
and Windows products (e.g. iPhone, iPad, HP printer, MacBook) along
with the Gateway, and give the MAC addresses of the device and the IP
addresses on the network. Double tapping on any entry will give you
more detailed information.  For example, you can tell whether a host
is visible or hidden -- whether it replies to a ping.   Although the
first entry says "button", if you flick right you'll get the
information "Hosts in scan" (and a number of devices), and how long
ago the scan was run, which is the information associated with that
button.  I think the reason it can't go into a button label is that
the time is dynamically updated with the screen refresh. Double
tapping that button gives summary information on the number of hosts
found in the network (duplicating the information on the previous
page), and will also tell you the time of the earliest previous scan
while connected to this network.

I don't usually access this unlabeled.  One more tip: you can mail the
results of a scan, save a scan and assign it a name, access a history
of recent scans (listed by date and time), and access your scan
settings to extend the scan range (which I never do).  These options
can be accessed by double tapping the "Drop down menu button" in the
top right corner, but they can also be accessed by double tapping the
"Network Scanner" screen heading, at the top center, which is also
announced as a button.  Double tapping the "Network Scanner" heading
at the top center of the screen, that is also a button, is actually
easier to do, because a four-finger tap in the top half of the screen
to move to the first element on the screen will actually move your
focus to this button -- and not to the "Back" button in the top left
corner. I mean that if you drag your finger from the top left corner
of the screen across the top of the screen, you'll hear "Back button"
in the top left corner, "Network Scanner button" in the top center,
and "Drop down menu button" in the top right corner, but if you do a
"Read all" of the page, or a flick from the first element of the page,
you'll hear the order announced as "Network Scanner button" (in the
top center), "Back button" (top left corner), and "Drop down menu
button" (top right corner). Because the screen refreshes when the menu
drops down from the top center, after double tapping either the "Drop
down menu button" or the "Network Scanner button" you want to touch
the top center of the screen.  I double tap the "Network Scanner"
button, and then stroke down with my finger from the top center of the
screen.  Once you hear any of the drop down options announced, you can
flick through the rest.  These are: "Mail scan results", "Save scan",
"Open scan" and "Scan settings".  To dismiss the menu without choosing
an action, flick left back to the "Drop down menu button" and double
tap again.

There is also a standard version of the iNet - Network Scanner app
that is free (used to be $0.99), that you can try out first.  I
suspect that you will want the iNet Pro options of scanning results
for your case, but I'll also give you the link to the standard
version.  You can update to the Pro version by in-app purchase:
• iNet - Network scanner (free) by BananaGlue GmbH
https://itunes.apple.com/app/inet-network-scanner/id340793353?mt=8

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther