HI Kevin,

Actually it sounded very good, considering that the pitch was also sped up. It
was incredibly smooth.

I haven't yet played with shifting the pitch back down to compensate for the
speed increase but will do this next. Also, there are libraries that developers
can import into their iOS apps which take care of time-stretching for you so a
dev will not need to do this themselves. (as I'm doing now) :) So really this
comes down to which way the developer decides to process their audio.

If the Downcast developer is curious, I did this using Apple's native 3D audio
library called OpenAL. this is an open-source audio library which Apple has
chosen to use as its default 3D audio support for gaming and such on Mac and
iOS.

The reason that people might think there is a limit is that if you use the
conventional means of playing iPod audio or even some of the convenience
classes offered by Apple which most developers might look to first, then pitch
/ speed may be supported up to 2x. Using something like openAL though, that
doesn't apply.

Hope this helps!

Smiles,

Cara :)