Actually, Apple have been really good to me when it comes to refund
for broken apps. Send an email to iTunesStoreSupport[at]apple[dot]com,
tell them the app doesn't do what it say it does and to issue a full
refund. They will refund you as an exception to the terms and
conditions, which states that "all sales are final."

-Shaf