Hi there,
Firstly, i congrets Sendero  for the success of developing/creating
such a gps/map/app for the blind.

First at all, i appreciate everyone opinions and views on this matter.
I'm not, Agree nor disagree with any side of the arguement.
The reason why i brought up the email, is to give a different angle of
the discussion, looking it from different parts of the world, in terms
of how one can get access, and one may access the app/map/gps
whichever one fancy to call it.

I think, the original email is not an open fire against Sendero or any
of the sorts. In Gregg's email, it states very clear why he got such
opinion and views on the Sendero app/map/gps, and i can understand
why.

Lets be honest here, how many of us here truely go to the developer
website and read in details about what the app has to offer before
purchasing the app?

Just because it is a purpose build app/map/gps for the blind
therefore, it should have full on 100% praise on the app/map/gps?

I think, it is about time to have more of a constructive discussion as
to why, and why not, instead of because it is from Sendero, or because
its purposely build for the blind, thereofre we need to support it, or
not supporting it.

As someone who traveling a lot, both within Austrlasia and different
parts of the world, i don't see why Sendero  can't include other maps
in the thing. One would think it will be much easier to include the
choice of other maps, considering its on subscription base. e.g. North
American and Europe map for $99 per year, or North America maps only
for $69, and some other option like if you want to travel from
Australia to America, and only wish to be there for 32 days, you can
subscribe to the app for $15 for 30 days or such.

Frankly speaking, what i found with the Sendero  arguement, it has
turning to become Apple vs Freedom Scientific arguement, as some anti
Apple blind user that could point out, in some other blind list,
"Freedom Scientific keeps blind people employ therefore i don't see
why i should support Apple who don't employ blind people". Now, how
true is that statement? for some blind people they believe that its so
true that they can't see any alternative but uses Jaws and WindowXP,
and using Talks with their very old Nokia Phone.

Just my 0.02 sense

Regards
Joanne