  From: Christopher Chaltain
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 9:57 AM
  Subject: PC/iPhone email questions [was "Re: Questions about several topics"]

  I'm not sure what charter.net uses, but if you're using IMAP then your
  mail will be kept on a central server and all of your clients will sync
  with that server. This way you'll be able to access your messages from
  both your PC and your iPhone. Also, if you delete a message in one place
  or move it to a folder this will also be synced with the server, so
  you'll see the same change with each of your clients.

  If you're using POP then you probably want the iPhone configured to
  leave the messages on the server and configure your PC to download the
  messages from the server and then delete them from the server. You can
  also have a message left on the server unless you delete it or move it
  to a local folder. You'll just need to think a bit about how you want to
  handle your email and where you want your email stored permanently.

  BTW, I don't think consolidating unrelated questions into a single email
  is a good idea. I'd rather see two or three different messages, each on
  their own topic. This way you can use a better subject line, getting
  more people to notice it, and the discussions will be easier to find
  later with searches.

  --
  Christopher (CJ)
  chaltain at Gmail