Hi,

There are some apps I have "uninstalled" from my iPod Touch 5th gen using
the dual double-tap command, but when I look in Apps Store > Purchases (Add
or remove), the app is still there. I know I have fully removed the app
because the app icon is gone from my home screen. Also, when I use Siri to
try launching the app I get the following reply: "It doesn't look like you
have an app called X." I ran a Google search and found the following
information from the Apple site, but I was still not successful in
completely removing the app from the list of purchases/installed apps:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipodtouch/assistant/application/#section_5

If anyone can please fill in the gaps in my understanding of how one
completely removes apps from an IOS device I will be very appreciative.
TY!
Joseph