Thanks, Sieghard. I'll write to Apple. I don't know what good it will
do, but something is better than nothing. In the mean time, I wonder
if I should just start triple clicking the home button when my phone
rings so it won't automatically switch to speaker phone, but then I
won't be able to use the two finger double tap gesture to actually
answer the call if VO is turned off.

I'm in North Carolina in the United States. Yep, the online orders for
the gold phone slipped to October at 3:25 a.m. Eastern, 25 minutes
after it went on sale. Guess who ordered his phone online exactly at
3:25 a.m.?

I guess the color doesn't really matter but still, I want gold for
something different. I'm hoping "October" changes soon and I don't
have to wait several weeks. I'm also planning on checking my local
store now and then to see if they have any models. IMO, Apple really
messed up this launch with the gold phone. Since I purchase device
only, I could always go in store and then cancel the online order with
no repercussions if that option becomes available.

Brice