From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Dan Murphy
Sent: September 26, 2013 5:25 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Cc: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Apple now forcing iOS 6 holdouts to upgrade to iOS 7.

Well my GF didn't even actively download the update. It just said "settings,
1 item. When we looked, we discovered that it had been downloaded at some
point, perhaps when her phone was idle. I wonder how much longer it would
have just sat there before it went ahead and installed itself. Apple should
be a bit more careful doing stuff like that to people.

SENT FROM MY IPHONE

> On Sep 26, 2013, at 4:15 PM, Teresa Cochran <vegaspipistre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have no problem with legacy software not being supported after a time.
It's the extra space that automatically-downloaded stuff takes up on the
device that makes me a bit uncomfortable. As i pointed out somewhere else, I
first had to download IoS7 and then install it. There was no "automatic"
factor in my experience. however, if folks are getting automatic 3-gig
downloads without asking for them, then it leads me to wonder if there's a
setting that one could disable for doing this.

> Teresa
>> On Sep 26, 2013, at 12:58 PM, Christopher Chaltain <chalt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> except you're not actually being forced to update Windows XP. You can run
it forever, you just won't get support from Microsoft for it. I don't think
that's unreasonable since XP is so old and MS has released three major
operating system versions since XP. Also, you were still getting support and
updates for XP after Vista was released, after Windows 7 was released and
even after Windows 8 was released. I still think it's a bad comparison, but
that's just my opinion, and I don't expect to change anyone's mind, so I'll
shut up about it.

>>> On 09/26/2013 02:52 PM, Ricardo Walker wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think its a decent comparison since desktop OS's don't update nearly
the speed of a Mobile OS.  And either way, the feeling is the same.  That's
what the issue really is here.  Your hand being forced to adopt a technology
you might not really want.

>>> Twitter:@apple2thecore
>>> www.appletothecore.info

windows XP. Also, Microsoft dropping support for an operating system over a
decade old is not the same issue as Apple pushing out an OS that's only a
few days old to everyone's iPhone. Note that I don't have a problem with
Apple; I'm just pointing out that this is not a good comparison.

Google Group.

Groups "VIPhone" group.

Google Group.