I currently use an ipod touch 5th generation. I would like to have the ipad mini for listening to books because the speaker has much louder volume than my ipod touch.

-----Original Message----- From: Cristóbal
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:24 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Today's iPad event

Looks like the Touch line is on its way to being phased out eventually.
Apples' going to probably want to push that market towards iPad Mini's or
the iPhone C. You go to the Apple store and there are iPod Touches in the
new space  gray and whatever white they're calling it now, but it's still
the fifth generation model with the same specs.
Now that the updates are done for the year, I think I may try to score a
refurbished Touch instead of going for the large tablets. It would be nice
to load up on Bard books, dvs stuff and have a separate iBooks, music and
video option other than the phone when out and about.