Thank David, I will do that. Ruby

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of David Chittenden
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 12:53 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Prizmo

I sincerely apologise if the following sounds bad.

If you do not have any light perception, and the instructions and hints
which I and others have posted are confusing you, the best thing you can do
is have a sighted person assist you in a few ways.

First, have a sighted person check the area where you are wishing to scan.
This check is for lighting. Sighted people can tell how good the lighting
is, and if any of the problems I discussed in my previous message exist.

Second, have a sighted person observe when you are attempting to take an
image. I actually did this when I first started working with a camera system
for desktop OCR rather than using a scanner. This assistance was invaluable
for helping me to much better understand where text is actually located on
the page, how I was creating bad shading with my body, and so forth. When I
started working with a mobile OCR solution, I had a sighted person observe
how I drifted when lifting the device. This was how I discovered that using
two hands is far superior to using one hand when lifting my device. I also
learned how much I was tilting the device, so practiced with the sighted
observer present until I improved enough to take acceptable images for OCR.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA

Email: dchitten...@gmail.com

Mobile: +64 21 2288 288

Sent from my iPhone