Hi, one other way to quickly reach the top of the list is to tap the upper-right corner of the screen and it should put you on the edit button. Then swipe right until you reach the top most message. By default the iPhone mail programs puts newest messages at the top. This is how mail should read anyway. If we all read newest mail, we would probably not answer questions which others have already done so. <smile>.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
How do Mexicans cut their pizza? With Little Ceasars...Bazinga! - Sheldon Cooper